Thursday, October 27, 2011

Small Projects

Let's address some things.

I haven't been sewing very much. Since moving to Portland and becoming single (yes) I've had more to do and more people to meet. I've actually been able to make friends which is something I wasn't able to do at all in Utah for the whole year I lived there. I've also gotten involved in the design community here which is also something that Utah lacked.

So I've been busy.

Another thing, the camera I used to use to take beautiful pictures never belonged to me. It belonged to my ex. So now I take really shitty photos. BUT I'm getting the iPhone 4s tomorrow in the mail and the camera is supposed to be EXCELLENT. It'll suffice until I have some dough to drop on a camera.

So here's what I've been up to:

A green shirt made from fashion-show-leftover-fabric found at Wal-Mart ($5 for a whole bolt!). It's strange. It's mint. It's sheer. I'm not sure I like it.




























AND I altered a pair of my pants into skinny jeans. They were initially supposed to be skinny jeans but when I bought them in 2006, I was not all that sure skinny jeans were going to take off. Or that I'd like them. Or that they are sort of necessary for petite women without curves. So I bought a size up.

Now these bad girls are rock-and-roll ready.

Before: (blurry, yes. left side is old pant leg. right side is new)


After: LEGSSSS!!!!!


Whew..felt good to blog. I have no work today and tomorrow and I'm planning on sewing so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. The camera on my iPhone is pretty decent, but I think the one you're getting is even better. Download instagram-- super fun.

    ReplyDelete